Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Big carrot and a few photos from around the farm

 

We are so lucky living here. Especially at this time of the year which is "officially" winter (although the winter solstice is on 22nd).  I say lucky because this morning I have been sitting outside in a T shirt (and pants!!) enjoying my morning coffee. The sun is out and it is so nice - calm and warm.

Just sharing a photo of a huge carrot I dug up the other day as I was clearing the carrot bed. I had no idea this biggy was lurking there! D found it very amusing!


It will probably be turned into carrot soup. I picked up some kaffir limes the other day (I do have a tree but no limes on it at the moment), so I am feeling a Thai inspired soup would work well, with some coconut,  lemongrass, ginger, garlic and chilli. Mmmmm.

Talking of citrus, the mandarins as I mentioned in my last post are producing super well right now:


We're having no trouble at all eating these and they also keep relatively well (although we don't need them to keep!).




 Here is the soap I made recently. I'm really pleased with how it came out, and it's lovely and creamy, lathers up well too.


Lastly, here's Polly the goat enjoying the sunshine. D took this photo and I think it's really good.





No comments: