Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sad news

Sad times here on Cabbage Tree Farm, as we are grieving the loss of our stillborn baby boy Lawrence (born 11/9). Took us completely by surprise.

We had a small family ceremony here yesterday. What a beautiful day it was too. We planted a kahikatea tree down in our patch of bush in remembrance of Lawrence and scattered his ashes nearby.

Our heartfelt thanks goes out to all of our friends, neighbours, family and the wonderful Maungaturoto community for all the gifts of flowers, food, kind thoughts and offers of support.

8 comments:

Laura @ Our Wee Farm said...

Oh Bridget, I am truly sorry to hear your news.

Pip said...

Bridget, although I have never commented on your blog I have been a keen reader for some time now. I was just checking in to see how things were going and saw this most recent post. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family for this very sad time.

Amy said...

awww so sorry Bridget, I was wondering where you were *hugs*

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Your kind thoughts are a comfort to us, thank you.

Liz said...

Bridget when I read this post my heart went out to you all. I've been there too. My love goes to you, your husband and that dear wee little boy of yours. Take one day at a time.I will catch up with you soon.

Lots of love and hugs
Liz

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Thanks Liz, we're all suffering the blues here so it helps a lot to get a supportive comment

A Green and Rosie Life said...

Bridget - I cannot believe I have just read this news, I am so very sorry. From so far away I can do nothing but send my heartfelt thoughts to you and all your family. I do however believe that there will be one more star twinkling in the sky tonight.

Rosie x

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Thanks for your kind thoughts Rosie x