Monday, April 19, 2010

What's in my fridge/pantry?

Laura at Our Wee Farm showed everyone what she had in her fridge and pantry, so I'd thought I'd post a few of pics here of mine:



Main fridge - looks a bit sparse doesn't it!! - has milk, jug of filtered water, bread, mayo, chutneys, my preserved lemons and baking stuff (apricots etc), seeds in boxes at top. But wait, there's more:

The door has my jams at top, sauces, verjuice, jars of chilli, ginger, mustard, Asian curry mixes etc. Eggs, greek yoghurt, cream, milk, fruit cordial, Heinz tomato ketchup.










Pull out meat draw has bacon and delicious home-made pork pate from neighbour (thanks D!).




Other draw has cheese and butter stash, no marg in this house thanks! I do lots of baking hence all the butter in case you're wondering...

Pull out veg drawer currently looking good with Rangpur limes (the orange fruit top left), a Rocoto chilli in need of eating, some wild onion also needs eating, Brussell sprouts, carrots, parsnips, a swede, a leek, some corn and some of our own squash.
The pantry has spices in elegant ice-cream containers (keeps them fresh), oats, puffed rice, honey (complete with Pooh Bear to guard it..for my 3 yr old son!), almond butter, cans of beans, corn, tomatoes, tuna, rice, dried pasta, couscous, corn chips, pulses, popping corn etc


These shelves have crackers in boxes, baking stuff, my homemade vanilla essence, yoghurt raisins, orange and rose flower water, flour, sugar, tins of more baking stuff, dried fruit, decorations for cupcakes, cookie cutters etc

PHEW! looks like quite a lot of food eh!

3 comments:

Laura @ Our Wee Farm said...

isn't it amazing how much you can get in a fridge that looks pretty empty!!!
I'd love to know how you make home made vanilla essence? I have some pods I took back from Tonga that are delicious.

Pate recipe
Smoked marlin, mayo, salt and pepper, real wasabi and fresh cream and lime juice. L got some wasabi from http://www.coppersfolly.co.nz/
it is excellent.

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Hi Laura
Thanks for the pate recipe.
Easy to make the vanilla essence, you basically steep a few pods in vodka. Leave in a dark place for a few weeks, shaking the bottle occasionally. Once it takes on a dark colour remove the pods.

Laura @ Our Wee Farm said...

oh thanks, that's easy! I wonder if I could steal a couple of our Tonga pods and do that :) It was amazing to see them all drying and being turned. The smell was spectacular.