Monday, November 4, 2013

Spring flowers

The potager garden is in full flower right now and the bees and other insects are having a ball.


The bees are making a 'bee-line' for the poppies, especially these red ones:



Mostly all the flowers are self sown. There are snapdragons, carnations, nasturtiums, Icelantic poppies, coriander and parsley. My black hollyhocks (bottom right of the top photo) are developing buds but have no flowers as yet.

Rose 'De la Grifferaie"


My old-fashioned rambler rose 'De la Grifferaie' is doing really well this year, and has lots of blooms on it. The scent is to die for!

How's your flower garden doing this Spring?

4 comments:

Liz said...

Your garden is adorable. Welcome back home btw. Hope you had a wonderful time. At least you hae a lovely garden (mine doesn't exist!)

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Thanks Liz. I'm a bit worried our resident bunny will munch stuff in the garden.. I think it's already eaten my Echinacea leaves that were starting to come up! Not to mention a whole lot of strawberries!

BLD in MT said...

I am catching up on some reading I missed. Lovely flowers! Old-fashioned roses are always the best smelling! Matt and I are working on adding more flowers--for the bees and for the beauty--but I fear we are not naturals at it! Still, every year we learn more and more.

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

I'm very much the "trial and error" gardener! Good luck, whatever you put in will be lovely.