Sunday, July 15, 2012

Update for mid July

Life has been fairly busy recently. We're on the last day of school holidays and after a nice break from class D is ready to go back! The first week we spent a few days down in Auckland, visiting the zoo and a crystal museum, and caught up with reli's.
D with huge quartz crystal

A very tame parrot (Kea)

This week just gone wasn't quite so fun however, as I was unwell and got to spend a couple of nights in hospital! Nothing major though, and I'm on the mend. Just not so exciting for the wee fellow, although by default he did get to visit a few playgrounds en route to visiting the Docs and the hospital!

Consequently, this has put a bit of a halt to doing much outside, which is a real shame as I have loads of things to plant! Will have to get into it as and when.

At least the garlic is in and coming up, and I dug up the last of the carrots. The swedes are getting a good size now, and I'm still getting lots of herbs from the garden. The broccoli is also doing well:



The daffodils I planted out a while back are starting to come up. This lot are in a lovely wooden barrow handmade by G's late Uncle:

Hope all's good with everyone, look forward to catching up on your blogs in the coming week.

3 comments:

Liz said...

It sounds like you guys have had a fun time. So sorry to read you haven't been well. Big hug and I can guess that you had fun at Crystal Mountain. Tee Hee!

Take care!

Charlotte Scott said...

Bummer about ending up in hospital, hope all is well.
I love the look of that crystal museum, both my kids are really into 'jewels' and crystals and all things shiny or rock like.
If you're getting the rain we are today then you won't be near the garden except to harvest! Nice broccoli!

BLD in MT said...

That is an amazing crystal. I'd like to see one that big. We're pretty enthusiastic about pretty rocks and while I've seen some mighty impressive ones I don't think I've ever seen one so large. Amazing.

Your broccoli looks amazing. Our heads never get that filled out before they start ricing and must be harvested. Good for you.

I sure do hope you are feeling better. Any thing that lands you in the hospital sounds major enough to me. I hope you are well on the mend.

Have a good day!