Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Orange juice surprise


The other day a work friend gave me some oranges from her garden. At the time she told me they were Clementines, but when I cut them in half I was surprised to find the flesh inside was a dark orange/red  colour. When juiced up the 'orange' juice was dark red! (I've got my little helper doing the juicing in this photo shot!).

So I guess the orange must be a type of 'Blood' orange. The juice was absolutely delicious. Shame there was only enough for a couple of glasses!

6 comments:

BLD in MT said...

Oh but I bet they really were just the tastiest two glasses there ever were! What a nice surprise!

Charlotte Scott said...

Oh my kids would sooo be into that! Drinking blood, etc etc!

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Yes they were very tasty :-)

Would be great for a kids Halloween party!

Gill - That British Woman said...

love blood oranges and yes it would be good at a Halloween party.

Gill in Canada

Matron said...

Interesting. Blood oranges are a seasonal treat here around Christmas time. We don't seem to get them any other time of year.

Ruth @ Camellia Rose said...

I'm always kind of grossed out by the name 'blood orange'. They are pretty though! You can't beat fresh orange juice, I wish we could grow them down here.