I've been thinking about this post for a little while.
What made us move to the country in the first place?
Well here are some reasons that spring to mind:
* Above all to grow our own food - fresh, chemical-/GMO-free, plus different varieties from what's available in shops (i.e. heritage vegetables and fruit - better tasting, better nutritional value)
* In doing the above, saving a bit of money
* To be able to plant more native trees to restore the land to it's previous state (before it was cleared for farming a few decades ago)
* For the peace and quiet
* For the fabulous night skies (no light pollution)
* To have some space
* To get away from the rat race
* For a simpler way of life