Thursday, April 30, 2009

A little harvest


Just a few little things I gathered from around the farm this morning.
A couple of passion fruit, a handful of small feijoas, a few jalapeno chillies, a few cayenne peppers and a small number of tomatoes.
With the tomatoes I've been using them to make a pizza sauce, really easy to do, just wash and slice in half lengthways (I don't bother skinning them), then fry in a little olive oil, with some salt and pepper, a couple of crushed garlic cloves and some fresh basil leaves torn up. Cook on low heat stirring and mushing up the tomatoes until they are all quite squishy and there is a little liquid in the pan (I don't add more as I want a thick sauce for spreading on the base of pizzas). Turn off heat and then whizz or blend to a paste. Freezes well.

No comments: