I used up the remainder of our late tomato harvest today by making green tomato chutney. The recipe (I've not tried it before) is from the March/April issue of Organic NZ (published by the Soil & Health Association).
1kg green tomatoes
1kg windfall apples (I used cooking apples)
1kg soft brown sugar
1kg raisins (I used sultanas)
500ml malt vinegar
1 Tbsp yellow mustard seeds
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1. Peel and chop onions, simmer in pan with 1 cup vinegar.
2. Peel, core and chop apples add to pan.
3. Skin tomatoes and chop, add to pan.
4. Add raisins and spice to pan.
5. Simmer until soft stirring frequently.
6. Add rest of vinegar and the sugar, stir then boil for about 15 mins until jam like consistency is reached.
7. Put into warm jars and seal.