Kirsten over at The Happy Larder has kindly nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. Sorry it has taken me so long to post on this Kirsten!
I'm very flattered to receive this award, especially since I've not been the greatest at posting very regularly for a while!
As part of the conditions of accepting the reward I need to divulge 11 random facts about myself.
1. I once dug up a hand grenade in my parents back garden.
2. My hair has been all sorts of different colours including pink and purple from my punk days.
3. I closely avoided being attacked by monkeys in India.
4. I was nearly run off the road in Thailand while on a motorbike.
5. I do NOT enjoy white water rafting!
6. Before emigrating to NZ I seriously considered moving to Saudi Arabia.
7. If I came into some money I would consider starting up my own bakery or cake shop.
8. If I had more free time I would bake my own bread daily.
9. I really like all things steampunk.
10. I'm an ex-registered nurse.
11. I currently work as a caregiver at the local rest (nursing) home.
Kirsten has also asked me 11 questions which I will endeavour to answer below:
Why do you blog? Partly to keep a record of the goings on at Cabbage Tree Farm (CTF), partly to share my various culinary/gardening/crafting attempts.
What makes you happy? My son and husband, spending time with and sharing good food with friends and family, going for bush walks, pottering in the garden.
Marmite - love it or hate it (or don't know it)? Not a big fan, I prefer Vegemite but am dubious about what it's made from so don't buy it anymore.
What was your first pet? A yellow labrador.
Starter or dessert? Dessert!
If you could have a superpower, what would it be? To be able to fly.
Red wine or white wine? White.
Running or cycling? Running..on occasion..
Are you left-handed or right-handed? Right
Would you describe yourself as an optimist or pessimist (and why)? Truthfully a little on the down side although I kid myself I'm not!
What is your favourite fruit?This is a hard one but raspberries are probably tops.
Now I have to nominate 11 blogs for the same award. To be honest I haven't had time to check out many blogs lately, but I will spend some time doing this ASAP and put them in a new post. When I do I will have 11 questions for them to answer. Can't promise it will be this week however, have a few other 'pots on the boil' so to speak!