Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Time for some baking

I think when we were away on holiday I had withdrawal symptoms from not being able to bake! Probably not such a bad thing considering expanding waistlines and all.. however, there are 2 hungry boys in the house who are always looking through my kitchen cupboards for "something to munch on"..!

I spotted this recipe via Pinterest and felt it needed sampling, so last night I gave it a go.



As you can see I also made a few muffins (6 to be exact) as there was a little too much mixture to use in my loaf tin. A lovely sweet treat (and it is pretty sweet because of the additional lemon icing/frosting on top).

Today I made something else I've been keen to try out, pretzels.


I followed this recipe but I didn't make the cheese sauce. Very nice bread rolls, quite large though, so next time I might make 10 smaller pretzels instead of 8 whoppers. While surfing the net to find out how to twist the pretzels I came across this interesting post on You Tube.. ENJOY!



Needless to say my efforts took considerably longer than 3.5 seconds! But I guess practice really does make perfect.

4 comments:

Dr Mum said...

Look very munch-worthy from here!

KirstenInWales said...

Oh, both the muffins and pretzels look lovely! Kirsten x

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Yeah they were quite nice. Next time I will omit the strong herb and just make plain ones to hopefully please all the household!

BLD in MT said...

That looks like a most excellent sweet treat. The frosting looks most enticing! (I have such a terrible sweet tooth.) We love to make soft pretzels at our house, too. They are so wonderful when they are fresh. Maybe I'll go have to make some...