Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Big mama tomato

I roasted up a dish of fresh tomatoes (Brandywine) together with some freshly harvested garlic and basil from the garden, they were delicious in a pasta sauce with homemade meatballs.

And I picked the biggest Brandywine I could find, are you ready for it.....?...:

 Possibly not quite ripe but I didn't want to risk losing it, especially after all the heavy rain we've had on the weekend. It's already starting to crack at the top.
This big mama weighed in at 733gs!

6 comments:

A Green and Rosie Life said...

That would never make it into a supermarket in the UK - not perfectly round and red - or tasteless. I can practically taste how good it is from here.

I've left you a little request on the blog after your last comment to me, if you get he chance to look ...

Happy tomato eating - Rosie x

Laura @ Our Wee Farm said...

Wow!! that's huge! I thought mine were big but I haven't got one nearly that size. We had one yesterday that was about 500g and we thought that was big! Tasted amazing - they may be ugly but they sure taste the best!

Alltek Bee Removal said...

Those tomatoes look absolutely delicious!

Sincerely, Emily said...

that is HUGE! What a beauty!
https://emilysincerely.wordpress.com

BenNicola Nuket said...

I wish to with you to participate the smell of tomatoes! Just a bit salt eat the small ones, the big to mama tomato I will slice on a big plate single layer little bit good salt few crack of bush peppers a bit red chilli flakes, fresh or dried oregano, finely chopped basil; sizzle with pure olive oil even I like to use cooking definitely virgin olive oil! no need the gentle tomato the bitter test.. May you will try and enjoy...

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Thank you Nuket for your delicious sounding recipe ideas!