Thursday, January 27, 2011

How to use up those egg whites - make friands!

Slack of me I know but I hadn't really bothered (until now) to find out what I could make with egg whites - apart from meringue and Pavlova of course..And I have rather a lot of egg whites in containers in the freezer, from all the ice cream recipes (will post on this topic soon) I've been making that requires yolks only...

Then the other night I was surfing the net and found this great blueberry friand recipe. I've made friands once before, a rather fancy chocolate and lavender recipe which used whole eggs, separated.

I think the blueberry friands taste delicious, and I'm so pleased to have found an easy recipe to whip up some yummy treats for tea time. Give them a go!

5 comments:

Killiecrankie Farm said...

YUM !
We happen to have all the essentials for these - cooking day planned I should think.
Have you tried coconut macaroons - they only need egg whites.

Mrs. Mac said...

These look so light and yummy! Hubby just brought home 3 dozen farm fresh eggs .. so I will have to try this recipe.

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Macaroons - good idea!

Forgot to say this recipe made x6 only. But they were very good! and got the thumbs up from hubby (but not my 3yr old, hooray more for us!)

Sincerely, Emily said...

Those look wonderful. Emily
https://emilysincerely.wordpress.com

Ruth @ Camellia Rose said...

I think I will give those a go, I love friands! Thanks for the recipe link!