I used this Cold-pressed Castille Soap recipe. The only addition was some dried lavender flowers which I thought I would experiment with on one surface. I sprinkled these liberally in the base of 2 molds.
The only thing I hadn't really considered well was the use of the silicone loaf pan as a mold. It didn't keep it's shape when I poured in the soap. However, I'm hoping the silicone makes for easy release of the soap when it's ready to be cut into bars. I didn't use the other loaf tin as it was not required and I chose to use the silicone one instead..
This was a practice run before I try with the tallow I made recently (will post on that soon).
Here are a few photos:
|The molds in readiness|
|Using the stick blender to combine oil and lye|
|The filled molds|