Friday, December 17, 2010

Soap update

The soaps came out easily from their molds

Ready for curing
Here are a couple of photos of the soap I made yesterday. I'm quite pleased with the result for a first attempt. The soap came out of the molds really easily. After slicing the soap made in the loaf pan into bars (approx 130g each) and also one of the oval sour cream shapes in 2, we ended up with 13 good-sized bars of lavender scented soap.
Now it has to cure for 3-6 wks, until the ph is 9.5 (or close to it) so that it isn't too alkaline, which can be a bit harsh on the skin.

The smell is fantastic!

5 comments:

ms lottie said...

Yummy!

pilgrimscottage said...

Love homemade soap and would love to be able to make my own soap. Your soap looks lovely.

Mrs. Mac said...

Great job!

Sincerely, Emily said...

Your soap looks wonderful!! I popped over from "Spades and Spoons" while I was out of town but couldn't figure out how to post with my Wordpress acct, so now I am back home and can look up my goggle password.

I love making soap. I has been very addicting for me. I am glad that a few of my friends like it, so I can keep making it.

http://emilysincerely.wordpress.com

Sincerely, Emily

Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Hi all, thanks for the comments. I look forward to using it in a couple of weeks or so.